Flu Vaccines for 2021
Information about our flu clinics for Autumn 2021 will be posted here as soon as this becomes available.
The Department of Health recommends annual flu vaccination for the following patients:
- all patients aged 50 years and over
- patients aged six months to 64 years in clinical risk groups eg patients with diabetes, asthma, impaired immunity, high BMI
- pregnant women
- all children aged two to eight on 31 August each year
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- patients with learning disabilities
The vaccination is manufactured each year in accordance with World Health Organisation guidance about the active strains of influenza virus and, for maximum benefit, it is recommended that vaccination is given in the early Autumn.
Further information about flu vaccination is available here: